11.11.2009

Alex's Signature Dish

We're fans of 101 Things You Gotta Do Before You're 12! If you have children, check it out. The book lists 101 ideas of some of the coolest things kids just have to do. Number 54 is Develop Your Own Signature Dish, and Alex has recently developed his. This actually came about as Alex was experimenting with what he wanted for lunch one day. We heated up some ramen noodles, then fried them in an egg. Its actually quite tasty, very Japanese. However, Alex didn't stop there, and added goldfish crackers and crumbled toast. He loved his creation and now has it at least twice a week. Since its become a favorite, we figure that's enough for a signature dish!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That's one of JB's favorite books too! He goes through it regularly to see if he can cross anything else off his list. His signature dish is 3 cheese baked pasta. Yum!

Anne said...

Jenny,

It sounds like JB could prepare a meal to entertain. Alex's could not be fed to others....

The Moser Family said...

Great book suggestion- I love it. I don't know if I would enjoy the recipe, but I definitely love the creativity in the kitchen. A man after my own heart...

The Moser Family said...

Ok, you just helped me with a birthday present for Susanna. I ordered the book on half.com for 75 cents plus shipping...
Thanks!